Welcome Back to Middle School Band!
1. Students should bring their instruments to school starting Monday. We are going to get right to playing :-)
2. Please check with your child to see if they need any supplies:
* Clarinets and Saxes will probably need new reeds for the year. For Clarinet, they should be using a size 2 or 2 1/2 reed. Saxes should be using a 2 1/2 or 3 reed. Your child should know what they use. If they aren't sure, they can look on their current reed in their instrument case. VanDoeren and Rico Brands are both good. If you search on Amazon you can find them easily. Music & Arts and Farrington Music Stores will also have them in stock. A box of reeds is around $20 and should last the whole school year.
* Trumpets will probably need a new bottle of valve oil. You can find this on Amazon or at any local music store. I like Al Cass or Blue Juice, but any valve oil is fine!
* If your child is a drummer, please make sure they have a pair of sticks or two!
3. I am attaching the Class Contract. Students will also receive a hard copy in class. This needs to be signed and returned by next Friday 9/13. It counts as a homework grade.
4. All Middle School band students will need to Join the Google Classroom for their grade level band class. Please have them use their school email address for this. Class Codes are as follows:
8th Grade - 2juoawx
7th Grade - 34kp493
6th Grade - 9aqgtc